The Moccamaster KBT Brewer is a great option for fueling a household or caffeine lovers or the one-pot-per-day coffee drinker.
The manual-adjust stop on the KBT's brew basket allows you to control the brewing speed or stop it entirely as it drips into the carafe. This gives you more control over the brewing. We recommend staring with the manual-adjust stop fully open for our recipe. For brewing smaller, scaled-down recipes, you may want to move the manual-adjust stop to the middle position.
Coffee Dose: 70 grams (about 7 scoops of ground coffee)
Grind Size: Setting 22 on the Baratza Encore (or 800 to 900 µm)
Water Dose: 1.25 L
Water Temp: Automatic (196°F to 205°F)
Brew Time: Automatic (4:00 to 6:00 minutes)
Brew Mass: ~1100 grams
Target TDS: ~1.25%
- Remove the brew basket
- Add filter to filter basket (#4 cone shaped filters)
- Fill the brewer reservoir with 1250 milliliters (1.25 L) with filtered water at room temperature.
- Weigh out 70 grams of coffee
- Add coffee grounds to paper filter
- Gently tab side of filter basket to even out coffee grounds
- Place filter basket on the brew basket bracket
- Place thermal carafe under the brew basket
- Turn brewing switch ON
- Allow 4:00 to 6:00 minutes to brew
- Remove filter basket
- Discard spent coffee grounds and rinse filter basket
- Put lid on thermal carafe
- Serve fresh and enjoy!